Contact & Booking
Because of the need to preserve our classic Samba from the damages of winter weather, the Hippie Limo is only available from April 1 through October 31. We provide services primarily in the following counties: Denver, Boulder, Broomfield, Adams, Arapahoe, and Jefferson. Other areas are also open to consideration.
Be inspired by pictures from celebrations around the world that feature vintage VWs on Pinterest
You’ve checked out our Limo Packages & Rates page for weddings, proms, concerts and the like as well as our Beer, Wine & Spirits Tours in Boulder and now you’re ready to book a ride in our vintage Wayback Machine. Advance booking of at least two weeks prior to an engagement is preferred, though it may be possible to accommodate shorter time frames of even just a few days notice. Contact us to find out our availability. Remember, we have a six passenger maximum.
All packages require a $100.00 non-refundable deposit to guarantee availability. Final check payments must be received no less than 10 full business days prior to service (allowing the check time to clear our bank). Cash payments should be made upon arrival at your pick up location prior to service and placed in an envelope bearing the client’s name.
Gratuities are always appreciated but never required or expected.
If you are interested we have an article to help clients get an idea of general limo pricing and services in the Denver and Boulder area so you can see some of the choices you have and how the Hippie Limo stacks up. The article is titled Denver & Boulder Limousine Options, Rates, and Advice for Weddings and Special Occasions – Making the Decision.
Unless otherwise stated or arranged, the following base travel charges are included in all packages:
- Denver Metro Area: Driver travel to the first pick up location and return to garage from the final drop off location if both locations are within a 30-mile radius of our garage ($1.00 charge for each additional mile). Click here to see a map of the local free service area (highlighted in white). We are only able to service locations within a 50-mile radius of Denver’s city center. Click here to see a map of our regional service area (highlighted in yellow).
- Mountain Areas: Driver travel to the event location if within a 1-hour drive time of Boulder’s city center ($1.00 for each additional minute of mountain travel to the event location).
**Additional fees and surcharges may apply for services outside our operating area or beyond our standard offerings.**
An Important Note on Alcohol
Please understand that we cannot serve or allow alcoholic beverages in the Hippie Limo. Having a few drinks before you board or while you are out is more than fine by us, and we certainly like helping those who have indulged themselves to refrain from driving and enjoy their jovial mood. That being said, the Hippie Limo is not a choice for any outings where the primary goal is to be raucously intoxicated. If you and your group are looking for a “party bus” experience, there are several limo services in Denver that can meet your needs.
An Important Note on Safety and Avoiding Damage
The following rules will apply while you are in the Hippie Limo for both the safety of the passengers and the prevention of damage to our Samba. Passengers will be held responsible for any damages:
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times while the vehicle is in motion or the engine is running
- Seatbelts for this vehicle are the same as airline seatbelts (which were all that was available in 1965 in Germany) and I will instruct you accordingly in their use
- No hands, feet, heads, or other parts of a body may be held outside of the sunroof while the vehicle is in motion or the engine is running
- Passengers should not open the doors from the inside or outside as they are old and prone to breakage unless operated with great care and experience
- This being said I will show you how to operate the doors in an emergency so you may exit under your own power
- Passengers should never lean up against the vehicle because of the chance that sharp or protruding metals or plastics may scratch the paint
I will be going over these rules with you and your guests in person before we depart to be sure you are aware of them for your own safety, the requirements of my insurance, and the protection of the vehicle.
Colorado PUC Limousine Operation Licensing
Below is the information on our Colorado PUC license to operate a limo service.
Limousine Permit #: LL-02071
P.U.C. #: 06632
Classification: Luxury Limousine (Classic Car)
Operation Under: Colorado Public Utilities Section: 40-1.1-302(2) C.R.S.
Operation Under: Colorado Code of Regulations: 4 CCR 723-06: 6308 a IV
Insurance: Poms & Associates Insurance Brokers, Inc./National Indemnity Company
Insurance Company Phone: 303-799-9661
Agent: Joe Weber, AAI, Vice President
Insured Amount: $1,000,000 USD