Molly & Jeff’s Wedding: Lyons Farmette – 7/27/2013
The Hippie Limo returned to the beautiful Lyons Farmette this weekend for Molly & Jeff’s vintage wedding. The guests’ jaws dropped as our Samba made its entrance rolling down the dirt path alongside the gently sloping pasture of the reception area. We had barely stopped in front of the combination bar/dance hall before a crowd gathered around us posing and snapping picture after picture with cell phones.
I was immediately greeted by Molly and Jeff’s wedding planner – the lovely, energetic, and artful Jessica Hearing of A Vintage Affair Events and Rentals – who guided me to the newlyweds. The couple was statuesque and radiant, and their smiles instantly warmed my heart. One of Jessica’s assistants told the photographers about the arrival of our Microbus and in a flash (pun intended) Molly and Jeff were striking casual and elegant poses inside and around our gorgeous Samba. Unfortunately my camera was on the blink so I only have the simple cellphone photo below to show for the event, which doesn’t come close to capturing the magic of the moment.
Jeff informed me that there was still quite of a bit of celebration yet to come and that I should make myself comfortable. I explored a candlelit path that caught my eye and found that it led to a small but lush trellised garden. Nestled at the center was an immaculate vintage Airstream appointed in a combination of Queen Anne and country rustic styles. Though obviously intended as a dressing area for the bride and her party, I deduced that since the big event had already happened I was fairly safe in taking a seat and waiting until the couple were ready to depart.
When the time came to leave, the bride, groom, and select friends and family settled into the Hippie Limo for a moonlit and misty ride to the St. Julian Hotel for the official start of the honeymoon. Molly gave me a hug after she stepped out of the Samba as well as a sincere thank you for the part we played in her wedding. Best wishes to Molly and Jeff in their new adventure – a life together!
More Wedding & Commitment Adventures!
Curious about the fun other couples have had with the Hippie Limo on their special day? We have stories and pictures galore:
- Look under Current Events & Musings in the right sidebar for the most recent rides
- Visit Weddings & Commitments for a complete rundown of all of our wedding related activities
- Go to Wedding Wire for reviews from couples on the Hippie Limo’s services
- Peruse our Photo Gallery to see some of the best images that couples have shared
- Be inspired by wedding pictures from around the world that feature vintage VWs on Pinterest
- Hop over to In the Press to see what the media and blogosphere are saying about us
- Preview a ride in the Hippie Limo from The Experience
- Click on the services listed on the Hippie Limo main page to explore other fun options
Did you attend this event? Do you have something to add? Tell us about it with a comment in the Leave a Reply box below.