Buffalo Bill Days Parade: Golden, CO – 7/27/2013
The Hippie Limo was fortunate enough again this year to be selected to roll in the Buffalo Bill Days Parade. Our complement of waivers was a bit lower than last year as we only had two well-accessorized professionals from the Colorado School of Mines to entertain the crowds from our five-foot, open-air canvas sunroof.
We did have a very special first-time participant this year – my son. Together he and I determined that four was old enough to ride in a parade. He understood he needed to sit still in the front seat and wear ear protection to guard against damage from the Hippie Limo’s 1000-watt stereo. As with last year, the moment the crowds saw us they collectively smiled and then burst into laughter when they read our sign and learned we were an actual limo service.
The parade was over in the blink of an eye (or so it seemed) despite the fact that we had traveled through the entire downtown. I asked the waivers what they thought of the experience since it was their first time being in a parade. They said they had a blast. When I asked my son the same question he responded seriously, “It was a lot of fun, but my arm and face hurts from all the waiving and smiling.” I suppose we will have to set up a strict training regimen to prepare for the next time. It was a great experience and we hope to see everyone again next year.
Sadly, we have no pictures of our Samba rolling in front of the crowd of 8,000, but here are a few my wife and a friend snapped near the end, which was the only place they could find room between people to actually take a picture.
More Parade & Show Adventures!
Curious about the fun others have had with the Hippie Limo? We have stories and pictures galore:
- Look under Current Events & Musings in the right sidebar for the most recent rides
- Visit Parades & Shows for a complete rundown of all of our related activities
- Peruse our Photo Gallery to see some of the best images groups have shared
- Be inspired by pictures from celebrations around the world that feature vintage VWs on Pinterest
- Hop over to In the Press to see what the media and blogosphere are saying about us
- Preview a ride in the Hippie Limo from The Experience
- Click on the services listed on the Hippie Limo main page to explore other fun options
Did you attend this event? Do you have something to add? Tell us about it with a comment in the Leave a Reply box below.