Karen & Jay’s Wedding: The Rembrandt Yard – 7/13/2013
Gina Malefyt, owner and designer at Organically You Events, contacted the Hippie Limo early in our season to arrange a ride for Jay and his fiancée Karen on their big day. By any account Jay is a man of taste, experience, and surprises. This is evident in his meticulous planning (via Gina’s capable hands) of an event-filled day for his bride, culminating in a ride in the Hippie Limo.
Our Samba’s role in Jay’s grand scheme was to begin at the conclusion of their reception at The Rembrandt Yard in Boulder. The Hippie Limo would pull up outside the venue and await Gina’s cue for the couple’s grand exit. At the moment Karen and Jay emerged from the doorway we would blast out James Brown’s “I Got You (I Feel Good)” at the near maximum volume of our sound system. Then we would all stand back and observe Karen’s reaction.
The plan went off without a hitch, and the bride’s reaction when she saw the Hippie Limo was one of the most endearing I have seen yet. I have observed reactions ranging from smiles, gasps, and rolling eyes to waving arms, long embraces, and even wet willies, but Karen is a first for seeing a bride repeatedly hop up-and-down with joy like a nine-year-old girl who has just been presented with a pony and a backstage pass to a Bieber concert. The couple quickly entered our WayBack machine where Karen and Jay waved to their family and friends from the five-foot, open-air canvas sunroof before settling into their seats for a star-filled cruise up Boulder Canyon. Our destination? A second surprise for Karen, a stay at the beautiful Alps Boulder Canyon Inn.
It was wonderful to work with an initiative-taking groom such Jay as well as a talented and friendly planner like Gina to give Karen two great surprise to cap off her wedding day. Our best wishes to the bride and groom for many wonderful surprise-filled years to come!
More Wedding & Commitment Adventures!
Curious about the fun other couples have had with the Hippie Limo on their special day? We have stories and pictures galore:
- Look under Current Events & Musings in the right sidebar for the most recent rides
- Visit Weddings & Commitments for a complete rundown of all of our wedding related activities
- Go to Wedding Wire for reviews from couples on the Hippie Limo’s services
- Peruse our Photo Gallery to see some of the best images that couples have shared
- Be inspired by wedding pictures from around the world that feature vintage VWs on Pinterest
- Hop over to In the Press to see what the media and blogosphere are saying about us
- Preview a ride in the Hippie Limo from The Experience
- Click on the services listed on the Hippie Limo main page to explore other fun options
Did you attend this event? Do you have something to add? Tell us about it with a comment in the Leave a Reply box below.