The Rocky Mountain Bridal Show in Downtown Denver – 8/21/2011
The Hippie Limo was fortunate enough to be invited to exhibit at the Rocky Mountain Bridal Show at the Denver Colorado Convention Center on Sunday, August 18 ,2011. Barbie Howard, the owner and producer, contacted me after looking at our website, commenting that it struck her funny bone in a way that made her just have to give me a call. Since the Rocky Mountain Bridal Show is one of Colorado’s largest and most well-attended bridal shows, and most importantly, because of Barbie’s professional, friendly, and accommodating manner, it was an invitation I gladly accepted.
The Hippie Limo was given a special place in the show as we were actually inside the Korbel Ballroom beside the other vendors and near the prize-filled balloon drop scheduled for the end of the day. Though it was a bit of a harrowing experience for me to drive our microbus up the truck dock ramp and through the back corridors of the convention center to get to the ballroom, it was well worth it when the crowds filed through and eventually saw our shiny red and white icon in a sea of black velvet booths. The Hippie Limo was very well received by brides, grooms, and vendors alike, and our growing display of 60’s bridal memorabilia garnered more than a few laughs.
I was fortunate to be able to exhibit at the show on another level, as well. My wife was at that time two days overdue for delivering our second child and was justifiably concerned that I might find myself locked inside a show and unable to make it to the labor or birth. Luckily Bill Walker, president of the Volkswagen Enthusiasts of Colorado VW club, graciously volunteered to be my standby to either fill-in or take-over for me in case I couldn’t make the show or had to leave early. Here’s thanks to Bill, a great guy and a great president. Luckily for me (but uncomfortably for my wife), she did not go into labor during the show, and still has not as of the writing of this article.
Among the vendors who took time away from their busy booths to visit us was:
- The Food Guy’s Tom Harper whose company specializes in thrilling the palates of guests at weddings, social gatherings, and corporate events with tastes ranging from seven-course gourmet meals to finger lickin’ barbecue.
- Adventure Weddings‘ Rita McConnell who designs packages specifically for the adventurous couple’s proposal, bachelor/bachelorette party, wedding, honeymoon, vow renewal, or romantic getaway.
- Trent’s Images‘ own Trent Norman whose mood, scene, and feel photographic style does more than create an image, it tells a story (and who also is featured in the Hippie Limo’s Photo Gallery)
- Mahal Bella Photography‘s Anabelle Brunck who applies her artistic talents toward vintage, photojournalistic, and mod wedding photography.
Many heartfelt thanks to everyone who stopped by. We hope to hear from all of you soon. 😉
More Wedding & Commitment Adventures!
Curious about the fun couples have had with the Hippie Limo on their special day? We have stories and pictures galore:
- Look under Current Events & Musings in the right sidebar for the most recent rides
- Visit Weddings & Commitments for a complete rundown of all of our wedding related activities
- Go to Wedding Wire for reviews from couples on the Hippie Limo’s services
- Peruse our Photo Gallery to see some of the best images that couples have shared
- Be inspired by wedding pictures from around the world that feature vintage VWs on Pinterest
- Hop over to In the Press to see what the media and blogosphere are saying about us
- Preview a ride in the Hippie Limo from The Experience
- Click on the services listed on the Hippie Limo main page to explore other fun options
Did you attend this event? Do you have something to add? Tell us about it with a comment in the Leave a Reply box below. If you need help making a comment, see the instructions on our Word on the Street page.