Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Denver Tour – 4/19/2012
Guess who was invited to attend the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers concert at 1st Bank Center in Broomfield? Well, by “invited” I mean booked and by “attend” I mean settle into a comfortable place in VIP parking alongside other limos. Yep, the Hippie Limo!
We received a mid-afternoon call on the day of the concert asking if we could take a couple and their four out-of-town visitors to see one of their favorite bands (a band also adored by my wife). Fortunate for all we happend to be available. A pickup at the very trendy Denver Pearl St. (yep, not the Pearl St. famous in Boulder) was followed by a trip westward with great views of the Front Range mountains. Several of our passengers had fond memories of their old VW Buses (not to mention Tom Petty), though all admitted that their V-Dubs weren’t quite the cruiser that the Hippie Limo is. When the concert was over the crew again boarded for the trip home. I overheard one of the visitors congratulate their hosts saying “You really know how to show your guests a good time!”
We’re glad the Hippie Limo could be part of that praise.
More Concert Adventures!
Curious about the fun others have had with the Hippie Limo? We have stories and pictures galore:
- Look under Current Events & Musings in the right sidebar for the most recent rides
- Visit Concerts for a complete rundown of all of our related activities
- Peruse our Photo Gallery to see some of the best images groups have shared
- Be inspired by pictures from celebrations around the world that feature vintage VWs on Pinterest
- Hop over to In the Press to see what the media and blogosphere are saying about us
- Preview a ride in the Hippie Limo from The Experience
- Click on the services listed on the Hippie Limo main page to explore other fun options
Did you attend this event? Do you have something to add? Tell us about it with a comment in the Leave a Reply box below. If you need help making a comment, see the instructions on our Word on the Street page.